What is the Porch Parade?
A time for celebration
Hyack Festival has always been a celebration of people, events, and traditions; bridging communities in the Royal City and beyond. This summer we are asking members of the community to celebrate with us by decorating their front porches. Choose one of our themes as inspiration, or go wild with your own ideas. The purpose of decorating is to unleash your creativity and bring a smile to your friends and neighbours.
The Hyack Festival will produce a virtual map with the locations of all our registered Porches, so you can plan a walk or drive around your neighbourhood to see and share in the celebration.
Saturday, June 20 to Sunday, June 28 Royal City residents will have the week to display their talents and passions on their from yards, porches, balconies, decks that face the street.
Step 1: Register your display!
- Registration is FREE!
- You will be added to our Porch Parade Map.
- As a special thank you, the first 100 Porches in the
New Westminster area that register will receive a
FREE Hyack Festival Porch Parade lawn sign that will
magically appear in your lawn, no need to touch it or
interact with anyone.
- The more registered Porches in your neighbourhood,
the better your chances are for prizes and awards , so
get your neighbours involved too!
Step 2: Decorate Your Porch
- Choose one of our themes as inspiration, or go wild
with your own ideas. The point of decorating is to
unleash your creativity and inspire hope for your
friends and neighbours.
- Porches must be fully decorated by 12 noon on
Saturday, June 27, and able to stay up until midnight
Sunday, June 28.
- Porches must be appropriate for a family friendly
- Don’t have a porch? No problem! Feel free to
decorate your lawn, the sidewalk, a window, or
something else visible from the street or sidewalk.
- Here are a few theme suggestions to get you started:
- May Day 150th
- Hearts * Flowers * Colours * Balloons
- Sports Clubs (lacrosse/football/soccer/Baseball/etc.)
- Canada Day
- Christmas in July
- Royal City Heritage
- First Line Responders
- Favourite Kid’s Characters
...the sky’s the limit with YOUR ideas!!
Step 3: Explore, Celebrate, Share
- Check the porch parade map often to see how the
celebration is growing!
- Go for a walk around your neighbourhood, take
pictures of the Porches you find, and tag us on social
to help share the joy! @Hyackfestival etc
- The more people who take part, the more celebration
there is to share, so get your friends and neighbours
Rules & Regulations:
- Displays must be fully decorated by 12 noon on
Saturday, June 27, and able to stay up until Sunday,
June 28, and must be appropriate for a family
- Displays should not focus on religious, political,
ideological, or controversial themes or issues. Use of
any political sign, social or political material is not
- Displays are not a place for commercial marketing.
Businesses are welcomed and encouraged to
participate with a focus on the mission of bringing
community together while staying home.
- Hyack Festival reserves the right to exclude any
displays that do not meet our guidelines or that
feature content not aligned with our mission.
- Registrations are limited to one per household, per
- Registration for the Porch Parade and/or tagging
@Hyackfestival with related photos or videos on
social media, grants the Hyack Festival Festival
permission to use your images and footage on any